Katharine "Kat" Kramer

"Discussion is an exchange of knowledge; an argument an exchange of ignorance."
-Robert Quillen, American journalist (1887-1948)


Happy Wednesday! 

48 years ago yesterday, The Beatles landed at JFK on their way to The Plaza Hotel, yesterday marked the 200th Birthday of Charles Dickens, and Ted Koppel is 72 years old!
All Aquarian events.
None of them have anything to do with my blog except that I am an Aquarian (this is my birthday week) and I'm celebrating artists and events that inspire me. Last night, one of my favorite movies was on, Judgement at Nuremberg. That film came out the year I was born and that film is as potent and riveting today as the year it premiered.
Another film that is in my top 5 favorite films of all time is Guess Who Is Coming To Dinner?

Every time, I watch it, I glean new insights. I also love It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World which features one of my favorite comedians of all time, Jonathan Winters. Those three films are the creation of Stanley Kramer and so is the subject of today's blog. Kat Kramer is the daughter of Stanley Kramer. Kat mother, who is STILL stunning, by the way, is actress/producer Karen Sharpe-Kramer, and her Godmother /namesake  was screen icon Katharine Hepburn.  
But Katherine always desired to be a song and dance triple-threat.

And an actress/producer,as well.

Show business is in her blood. When I asked her if she feels standing ovations have lost their meaning, she answers, " 
Never! Always works for any performer."

Katherine's first professional job was as Gracie Shinn  in "The Music Man."

Your thoughts on Arts in Education
Very important and I want to devote my new CD and web-series and show to music education.

What makes you cry out of the blue when you see or hear it?
"Danny Boy."   Sung by Judy Garland.

Your thoughts on Carol Channing (All my blogs focus on Carol Channing’s Foundation For The Arts)
I’m campaigning for Carol Channing to receive the 2012 Kennedy Center Honor in 2012. 
If you agree that she should receive this honor, can you say why you think this should happen
 
Carol Channing is a Legend.And her contributions to the arts as a performer,and  bringing arts education back to the schools are Legendary and lasting. I would personally campaign  for Carol to receive the Kennedy Center Honor in 2012. SHE DESERVES IT AND NOW IS THE TIME,ENOUGH SAID.
 Most recent appearance  
  Performing my own rendition of "The Rose"  prior to presenting filmmaker Mark Rydell with a Lifetime Achievement Award.
Next appearance
  A "surprise" performance Honoring my friend and mentor, the Legendary Lily Tomlin.
What is your biggest success in Show Business? 
 Yet to come..........But I have received some Awards...... And set some trends.
What was your lowest low and how did you surpass that?
 Having my scene cut out of "Little Fockers" when they edited. But I still got  screen credit.

What one change would you like to see in today’s industry?
  Less interest in Box-Office receipts,more on artistic merit.
Who are your TOP FIVE models and influences as an artist?     
There are lots.

1.  Lily Tomlin        6.  Barbra Streisand
2.Mick Jagger         7.Carol Channing
3.Shirley MacLaine
4.Robert DeNiro
5.Dustin Hoffman

If you could not be in show business, what would you do? 
Work at a mission.   
Are you happy at the point you are right now in your career? 
In a way. Yes.

Do you feel you have achieved what you set out to do?  
Not yet.

What do you do to remain positive when life's hiccups get you down?
Faith.

How on earth do you reach theatregoers now that newspapers are obsolete and there are so many channels on TV you can’t pick the right ones to advertise on and with the web being so hit and miss.
The internet,radio,and be creative.
A genie pops out of the lamp, he grants you three wishes. What are those wishes?
1.To open for my mentor, Lily Tomlin
2.To duet with Mick Jagger.
3.To Change the world.  End violence. 
 If you could travel anywhere in the world and spend some time there, where would you choose, and what would you do?  
England.  Visit the Royals.

What would you ask God if you could right now?
What is the meaning of life?      
WHO ARE YOU?
 
What is the last stage show you saw.  Local or professional.  
Lily Tomlin at California Theatre.

Kat, Lily, Kat's mother
If you could change places with anyone in the world for 24 hours, who would that be and why?     
Angelina Jolie. She directed, produced and wrote an amazing film that will change the world.

When do you know it’s time for a Katherine Kramer show?  
I just know.  Period.

What do you see for the future of Cabaret?
Many possibilities.

Thank you Kat for the gifts you give to the world! We atr better for it!


NO COPY WRITE INFRINGEMENT INTENDED.  FOR ENTERTAINMENT PURPOSES ONLY!

 Please do what YOU can to be more aware that words and actions DO HURT...but they can also heal and help!

 Follow me on Twitter If you've seen one of my appearances/shows, add your thoughts to my guestbook at www.RichardSkipper.com 


 Thank you, to all the mentioned in this blog!
   

Tomorrow's's blog will be... BOYNTON BEACH CLUB: THE MUSICAL!

                                   Here's to an INCREDIBLE tomorrow for ALL...with NO challenges!


Now, GO OUT AND see Carol Channing: Larger Than Life in theatres January 20th!

 Become a Facebook friend of mine!

Please contribute to the DR. CAROL CHANNING  and HARRY KULLIJIAN FOUNDATION FOR THE ARTS

TILL TOMORROW...HERE'S TO AN ARTS FILLED DAY
Richard Skipper, Richard@RichardSkipper.com
And please help me celebrate my 51st Birthday Saturday night!

 
Matsuki Productions, Inc.
SATURDAY, FEBRUARY 11TH @ 7:30 pm
The Ladies Sing "Happy Birthday" to Richard Skipper
  • It's my 51st Birthday and they'll sing if they want to! I hope you'll join me in celebrating my 51st birthday on Saturday night at Don’t Tell Mama. 7:30pm until 10:30pm
  • STARRING: Diane Findlay, Peggy Herman, Dana Lorge, Sue Matsuki with SPECIAL guests!
·         This will be a benefit for the Dr. Carol Channing Foundation of the Arts in loving memory of her late husband Harry Kullijian
·         www.ChanningArts.org
·         Don't Tell Mama NYC
·         343 W. 46th St., New York, NY 10036
Instead of personal gifts, I would like to raise money for The Dr. Carol Channing Foundation For The Arts (www.ChanningArts.org). If you are unable to join us, please contribute $51.00...or any amount to the Foundation. IF you are unable to contribute at this time, please post something on your wall to bring more attention to our efforts,  please contact me for more information. Richard Skipper 845-365-0720 

Comments